Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Selfie-Surreal Self Portraits

Top Five Favorite Photographs
I enjoy how there is a clock in his head but he's still trying to tell time.

The woman is hugging a flower way larger than her own body.

It reminds me of how chocolate melts on your finger, in this case, your fingers(little heads) are eating it.

The color contrast is really pretty and highlights the girl's eye.

I like the colors surrounding the boy; it's basically consuming him.

Helpful Tips
  • Use props to help show who you are; things that represent you
  • Use different types of lighting, not only natural, but from a flashlight or computer screen
  • Try different angles; an angle that works best for you
  • Try not to directly look at the camera, almost as if it was candid
  • Take multiple shots instead of just one; it will capture you in action

My Selfie-Surreal

This represents me as a person, I tend to spend most of my days being lazy and just sleeping. The two interpretations of my self are my inner beings. One is just looking at me not saying anything letting me do my thing. While the other smaller one is telling me to get up, but I don't listen to that one. The scene in the window shows that there are so many bad things and events going on in the world, and then there's me just doing nothing. (I used dislocation and scale)



No comments:

Post a Comment